Who are the National Association of Disc Jockeys?
The National Association of Disc Jockeys (NADJ)was formed from the Thames Valley DJ Association (founded 1978). NADJ’s strong links with the disco industry, include many manufacturers supporting/using the association as a launch-pad for new products.
New organisations/companies, such as the now global DMC, Mobile DJ Magazine, Pro-Mobile Magazine and the disco industry charity Dance Aid Trust, were launched with support from NADJ.
It was instrumental in getting the DJ recognised as a true profession, included within UK trade union BECTU. With over 25 years’ of experience behind it, NADJ moves forward to better serve its members and to achieve its aims.
What’s in for me?
This is a question that we’re often asked and quite rightly so.
The easy answer is – as much as you are prepared to put in. The NADJ is still in its infancy and as we grow in numbers and strength, then our voice within the industry gets louder and more prominent. The knock on effect is that we can also get more exclusive benefits for our members. However, here is a summary of the tangible benefits NADJ members get:
- £10m Public Liability Insurance (PLI) included in the full membership package.
- £10m Employers’ Liability Insurance* (ELI) in the full membership package.
- A free CD for new members from our supporting partners CD Pool (value up to £22). (Available to brand new members, not renewals).
- Free website hosting with no adverts.
- A free copy of Pro Mobile magazine (equivalent cost £12 per year).
- A free listing on the the ‘Find A DJ’ section of the NADJ website.
- PAT, PLI and NADJ logo on your UK-Disco listing (upon request).
- A source of advice, information, industry news and educational seminars.
- Help from a team of knowledgeable and experienced professional DJs.
- Access to a growing range of benefits and discounts for NADJ members only.
- Local branches to network and improve your business with other like-minded DJs.
Want to know more about what we do? Then visit us at www.nadj.org.uk.